Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by ihookem
I aksed before if it was made in China , and is there another scope that compares in quality that is not made in China. I didnt ask this question to beat up on the original poster. I would likely be happy buying just about any scope not made in China . I would gladly buy Japanese, German or American or a combination of any company. Sure , it has a better price point, best scope " for the price".. At 60 yrs old, I am not looking at a good scope for the price. I am looking for a good scope not made in China and hardly care about the price... I buy scopes so seldom anyway,, ,, and this might be my last scope. I need to replace my Leupold Vari X 2 4x12 that I payed $216 for in July 1987 with the money I scrimped on my honeymoon...
I get that price isn't the main concern for you, but just to clarify, SWFA scopes are at a similar price point as Arken and are made in Japan.

Well not necessarily if you're comparing as close to apples to apples as possible..

SWFA 5-20x50 SS HD $900
Arken EPL4 6-24x50 $440/$515 inc rings, throw lever, flip up optic covers, level.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.