I took a 40 year hiatus from the .270, loved it for sure, but prone to bloodshotting meat at the ranges I normally hunt at, so I went fatter and slower for forty years. But, I put a .270 together from parts over the holidays for one of the grandsons. When the weather breaks, I'll be doing some load development. With components being what they are, price and availability, I'd kinda like to shortcut the testing. Back when I was hunting with the .270, any normal weight bullet and case full of 4831 family powder was instant hassle free success, velocity and accuracy wise. But there are better bullets, maybe better powders...is there something new on the menu that seems to work in a number of rifles. I hear Reloader 22 mentioned frequently on other hunting forums? Keep in mind, it's a kid, and he is not going to be shooting long range, and I'd like to minimize recoil to some extent. Comments, suggestions, recipes?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.