3 month old thread, but what the hell...

Everyone like new powder recipes. I have a lot of those powders on the shelves, as I always like to play with new stuff and see what it has to offer... then most of the time I go back to using what I've used for decades..

How about 47 to 49 grains of good ol IMR 4064 with a 130 or 140 grain bullet? I prefer a ballistic tip. At 49 grains I give up about 100 fps MV> yet the accuracy is better, and the recoil noticeably less....which is probably makes it more accurate.

For max punch if you think ya need it for something bigger than Bambi...Nosler 160 gr SMP Partition, with an over listed charge of 4831 SC. If you look at the pressures with that powder, it is low on SAAMI specs. It can run over 2900 fps with that bullet easily with no pressure issues on any 270 I've owned.. which has been a couple.

I let the rifle tell me what it prefers vs a load manual.. sometimes they are overly optimistic and other times woefully pessimistic.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez