Originally Posted by Buckbandit
I load for several 270s. I use several different bullets but all are 130 grain. H4350 and h4831 are my favorite with h4350 being my favorite of the 2. The powder I would recommend in this situation tho that works very good is imr4064 and has noticeably less recoil. A killer lower recoil load would be IMR 4064(start at 47 gr and work up to 49 gr) and some hornady 130SSTs. Guaranteed to shoot and kill

I support 4064 use in the 270.. that is what my preference is.. I concede to giving up a 100 fps Max velocity, but what I pick up is lower recoil, and what I consider improved accuracy.. which may be just the lesser recoil... for that 100 fps Max velocity I give up, two clicks on the elevation knob and its been compensated for.... my two favorite bullets are the 140 grain ballistic tip and the 160 gr SMP Partition...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez