Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
...Saying a deer would not know that H4831sc can't push the 150's at a decent velocity is therefore no authority at all. I get about 2750 fps with a maximum load of H4831sc with the 150's. With the 140's I get just over 3000 fps with a maximum load of H4831sc. I'm far better off using 130's or 140's than 150's with H4831sc.

2800 fps., for a good .277/150 gr. bullet, IS a decent velocity.

Even for the lowly SPEER Grand Slam, BC 0.378, that's 2,100 fps./1500 ft-lbs. at 300 yards.

No complaints.

GR

Maybe he hunts "rifles", and not deer? I hunt both, and probably do better in both regards..
I've already explained to you that deer don't know anything about ballistics and so using them as authority is meaningless. Obviously you also have a poor command of American English. If someone happens to call themselves a rifle hunter, that doesn't mean that they hunt rifles. Rather, it means they hunt with a rifle as opposed to a bow, a handgun or a shotgun etc. Perhaps American English is your second language? Either that or you are just plain stupid. Saying you are a better deer hunter than me when you have no idea how much deer hunting I do, or how successful I am, is another example of your stupidity.