Originally Posted by PaintedDesert
The 270 is my all time favorite. It was my first gun and it’s on its second, almost third barrel. It’s the one that feels the best with everything. Everything like reloading, walking, shooting, getting past fences, & in and out of the truck. I bet I have over 10,000 rounds shot in 40 years and I’m putting much more through it lately. I try the usual powders like H4831&SC, R22, R19, IMR 4350, MRP, & 7828. I usually use 130 grainSPBT and 140 TSX. I haven’t tried the newer powder like Stabill, Big Game, Superformance, or others. I want to, but never tried the Vhitavorhi powders. The best yet is H 4831 or IMR 4350 and they do so well that I may not ever try the others. If a 270 does poorly with 4831, it’s probably a bad 270 and needs to go away.

Great post. I find IMR4350 to be a surprisingly good powder for the old 270 as well. We'd probably all be amazed at how many tons of 4831 has been burned up in 270 winchesters as well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA