Originally Posted by Charlie-NY
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I'm having trouble believing the small pieces that break off and go their separate ways do that much damage. I don't doubt the bullet's lethality though as I've found other mono bullets with no petals from dead animals.

They definitely radiate outward and punch independent holes through lungs and occasionally exit. I've seen this happen many times. You can also choose a Hammer that sheds larger/heavier petals, if you prefer.
Google “Types of Hammer Bullets” for a description of their offerings and how various bullets differ by design regarding how much of the bullet frags and the percentage remaining in the core.

I have a question about the Absolute Hunter. As you may know, it’s designed so only the patented low friction bands engage with the bore, the ogive is not engraved by rifling. I’ve also read that they are not jump sensitive like some.

So, if the ogive isn’t engraved by the rifling, then is this or is this not sorta like the Wby freebore?

Roy, from what I understand, used freebore to lessen the pressure spike from the powders he had access to at the time. Hunter AH bullets need faster burning powders to get enough in the case to achieve their potential velocities.

Seems the AH design allows some freebore like effect which may help with the pressure spike of those faster powders.

The bullet moves forward until the driving band engages the rifling. That seem to facilitate some “free” movement before bore resistance is encountered. What do you guys think?

DF