It won't be long until there is an army of Metric lovers that will rain excrement on this thread. I can do Metric but it's not my favorite way to measure or machine. Metric threads are a PITA to cut on any lathe with an imperial leadscrew. I can and do cut them but have no love for it. Taps and dies are difficult to impossible to find unless you're in a metropolitan area. Everything boils down to decimals anyway. Metric may appear to be simpler but look at a thread chart and you'll go nuts trying to find the right tap drill. I have in my possession a metric tap that in no way taps the M4x.7 that it says it will. Our stuff that comes from China and other metric nations might say an imperial number but it's a metric equivalent. Some closer than others. An m10x1.5 nut from one country may or may not fit the m10x1.5 bolt you may have from another country. The Metric system makes sense in some things like Engineering, Medicine and Astronomy where you are working with very large or very small numbers.