Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Two kinds of nations in the world: those on the metric system, and those who have walked on the moon.

P
Originally Posted by denton
What do Myanmar, Liberia, and the United States have in common? They are the only countries in the whole world that are not on the metric system. There is a reason practically all the world is metric. It's not because the metric system is less useful than SAE.

I have never known any one fully conversant in both who preferred working in SAE rather than metric.

A system based on water. One CC equals one ML and weighs one gram, it freezes at zero and boils at 100 at sea level. 1000 ML equals a liter. 1000 MM equals a meter. 1000 meters equals a KM, or a klick for the military guys. 1000 grams is a Kg aqnd 1000 Kg is a ton. Nothing could be more logical or easier to understand than that.

We would be a lot better off if we had adopted metric with the purchase of Louisiana Territory.

The system came from France because at that time in History, France held the distinction of being the most scientifically advanced nation on Earth. Does Curie, Pascal, Laplace and Pasteur ring a bell.

I wonder why the spread sheets at work calculate in feet and tenths instead of inches?

I have been using metric interchangeably with SAE since the seventh grade. I can work with either. If I could change history, we would all be using metric.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.