10" huh...
That's why women make poor carpenters. They think the length of their index finger is 10" long.
]

Back in the late 60's, when I started surveying, I was told that only whores and carpenters dealt in inches. Years later when I took over a crew doing bridge surveys, I learned different. Some bridges were scheduled to be widened instead of replaced, and I had to measure the substructure in feet and inches, to see if "as built" matched the plans. Then some time later, we started measuring in metric. At one time I had all of the equipment in my trucks to measure in metric, feet and tenths, and feet and inches. Problem was most of my crew could not read a tape of any one of those. I was alwas hearing it is x number of feet so many inches and three of those other marks. Problem was some tapes were in eighths and some in sixteenth's, so then I had to ask which tape they had. I did on bridge on hwy 70 in east Arkansas three times. First time was feet and tenths, with a chain, in a book. The second time was metric in a data collector, and using an EDM to measure,and then we quit metric and instead of converting the data I went back and did it again using a data collector, and EDM in feet and tenths. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.