I have only had my 7x57 for 13 years. Built on one of those horrid M98 actions, barreled with a on sale Adams @ Bennet, triggered with a Bold and stocked in a Ramline plastic and scoped with a 4X widefield Redfield rebuilt by ABO. Oh yes also painted and slicked up by yours truly. Affectionatly called "Ugly" by yours truly this rifle has accomplished all tasks in all types of weather and is arguably the most useful rifle I have ever owned. I've used bullets that weigh from 139 grains to 175 grains and now generally use those in the 140-160 weight range, powders of choice are AA4350 and H414. It puts all these bullet weights close enough to poa that I can use them interchangably without resighting in. I can't pick out a favorite bullet because all have done just what I wanted, all shoot MOA or better (140-160 grain) and seemingly perform perfectly as I have recovered just on 160 grain Sierra and one 175 grain Hornady spire point, both of which negotiated many inches of spine. Originally concieved as a backup bad weather rifle Ugly has become the rifle the others have to follow in the lineup.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]