I have been a gunsmith for over 50+ years a nd never had a gun built for myself. I decided at a reunion to have one built by an old classmate Clayton Nelson. We decided on a 7x57 since that was the one caliber I had never owned. It was built on a 1909 Mauser and finished out to be one of the nicest guns I've ever handled. I had it built to specifically use 175 gr bullets. It's a light weight 7lbs even with irons. Very slim 22" barrel. With Nosler Partitions it will shoot 3 shot groups into less than 1/2" after that the barrel warms up rather fast. Nice dark walnut stock with Neidner buttplate and steel gripcap with ebony forearm tip.Custom pedestal rear sight with folding leaf and custom front ramp with front sight that folds down into ramp. Barrel swivel on bottom of barrel not a band. Custom Talley bases that are excellant. Used it in Africa and took quite a bit of game including several Kudu. Just about my favorite rifle of all time. Out to 300 yards I don't really need anything else.