Originally Posted by greydog
Again, the economic driver has to be manufacturing or industry. This means people working. We have spent over a half century striving to eliminate productive employment and denigrating the working class. Understanding the importance of a productive working class is the root of a successful economic and societal model. A high rise office building full of advertising execs is not productive industry. The same building full of investment banker is not productive industry, though they can claim some relationship. Fill the same building with engineers, and you are getting close to having a saleable product.
I am no longer a productive member of society. Since I only provide services for tourists. I would be of little value in the 15 minute city.
It is one thing to be ignorant of our effect on the environment in general, it is quite another to be openly antagonistic toward it, just to gratify our wants. Planning cities in ways to counteract urban sprawl and waste is a good thing. Many of us would not want to live in the city, but if that's the case, maybe we shouldn't work there either. GD

You left out one little point tho GreyDog.... How many jobs in this nation were shipped overseas 3 and 4 decades ago...
The convenience are for the people in control of society, not the people forced into the 15 minute cities. You don't think a small area would be easy for a criminal element to control? or that they will be left alone, if they work controlling the neighborhoods providing what the cities politicians want done?

I say again, compare it to the concept in concentration camps. Put all your eggs in one small basket. You have control of your political enemies.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez