It’s a fine idea if the people living there were honest, reasonable, and trustworthy, but let’s face it, a considerable segment of the population just aren’t, and would fugg it up for everyone else. The police can no longer be trusted to keep order or protect us from malefactors, and given the penchant of government, city governments especially, to make it difficult or even illegal for people to protect their own property and even their lives, these places would soon turn into little Portlands, San Franciscos, and Baltimores.

I have everything I need within 15 minutes by car, 20 if you count a place to hunt. A pretty good shooting range is 5 minutes away, if I obey the speed limit. We have a big garden and fruit trees, and decent neighbors about 50 yards away on all four sides. Our yard is planted with a variety of trees and ornamentals and we have fresh flowers available daily from last frost to first. 25 minutes away is my IWLA chapter, with another range, plus clays, and a lake full of fish and visited by all sorts of wildlife. I go to the grocery store every week or two, often on my way home from shooting, hunting, or fishing. Total annual mileage for us is about 5K miles, down from the 35K I drove when I still worked.

Give this life up for the opportunity to play human feces hopscotch every day, and put all the things I like to do miles and miles away? Fugg no!

What fresh Hell is this?