Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Jericho
Friend of mine was a Cavalry Scout in the USARMY for several years and went to sniper school. He told us that quite a few guys didnt pass the course because of poor shooting abilities. He also said that most of the guys that made it had shot competition before joining the military, and were always giving advice to the other soldiers.

Competitive shooters are usually miles ahead of military and government employees in shooting skill

I tried to coach up a former Marine (current reserves) into PRS. God bless that hammer headed son of a gun for his service to our country and his several tours down range, but I couldn't do a thing with him past the 600 yard line. He tried a couple matches and couldn't get past his own shortcomings at distance. Too embarrassed and he walked away from it.

Man, all this Marine hate stuff... This place is a downer grin

No Marine hate at all, and can't possibly see how you got to that comment. The guy is not only a friend, but a co-worker, and one of the very few humanoids I'd trust watching my six....as long as he doesn't have to shoot past 600 yards.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine