Originally Posted by KillerBee
Good evening Blackheart,

At 80 yards with my bow I can hit this 50% of the time, the other shots are really close.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It's all a matter of practice, and FYI, a moose's vitals are WAYYYYYYYYY LARGER

cool
I used to be capable to hit a milk or really close most shots at 100 steps. That was in the 80s. You and your bow had to be tuned well. It was really rare not to hit something the size of a basketball at that distance. I often shot at a coke can and would hit or come close.

But you learn quickly some game is spookier than others. Arrows make a LOT Of noise at the time in flight. They were slower. Feathers were really loud in the air. Even heads could make noise in the air.

While capable, I learned hunting mostly whitetail in TX that they are crazy fast movers and it was not common to hit where you aimed because of moving. We started filming in the 80s and going to slow motion and it answered a lot of questions.

It them became really clear that even though we could easily be accurate enough longer shots, we had a much better chance up close.

My personal limit since the 90s has been 20 yards or less. I simply will not shoot at deer any further than that.

I have not seen a moose make a wild move and figure a moose might be safer a longer ways off. But the point here is that just because you CAN doesnt' mean you SHOULD.

The same goes for long rifle shots. I"m more than capable. But conditions and animals have to be just right to do it. 500 and in is pretty easy. 300 and in is a gimme most days. I've made cold bore hits out to 1800 on plates that are vital sized. Yet I"ve never had the right chance to shoot much past 800.

Limits are set on so much more than simple accuracy.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....