Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I have no clue what ‘Backfire’ is, nor who this Jim person is but he hasn’t been waiting on me. I’ve never made the claim that I could shoot like that but it doesn’t mean that nobody can. I have said many times here I am way more of a hunter than a shooter. I get bored very easily with paper or steel targets.

600 yards isn’t terribly far this day in age. There are a few people on this forum and elsewhere that I suspect could reliably make those shots but they’re generally the more modest and less talkative type.

I don’t know what to tell you dude, other than to keep an open mind about things.

T Inman;
Good evening my friend, I hope the last week of the 3rd month has been behaving for you and you're well up there.

Since I do watch Jim on Backfire on occasion, I was aware of his challenge.

To be crystal clear, as I believe you know of me T, I don't yet own a laser range finder and while I do have a couple scopes that seem to dial fairly reliably, I really haven't spent the time learning to do it.

However as you said, that doesn't mean nobody can or that I believe no one should.

This young guide from Wyoming puts in a pretty fair showing with a stock Tikka and Hornady ammo.

Again as I said to Jordan, my participation is to encourage hunters who shoot near or far to go take a look once they shoot with whatever it is they're hunting with.

As always, I appreciate your input on subjects T as I know you've put in the time on the mountain - well on the flat lands too likely, but it's a BC saying maybe... wink

Best to you sir.

Dwayne

As always, you've got solid info to pass Dwayne.
I've watched people wail away across canyons and not go check the area out for blood, regardless if the critter ran off seemingly unhurt or not. It is frustrating to watch. In fairness though, it can be next to impossible to find a particular spot after you drop down, cross a creek and climb a couple thousand vertical back up to where you think the spot was and doubly so if the brush is thick or trees are tall. I'd argue in those circumstances you shouldn't shoot at all even if the shot is within your abilities.