Originally Posted by Blackheart
There's always going to be slobs that care more about bragging {or making videos and selling rifles} than making clean kills. You don't need to add to the slob numbers by taking shots where "a slight miscalculation" can cause a bad hit and an animal to suffer because you're a braggadocious ass hole. I passed up a very nice buck at 59 yards season before last with my crossbow. I can put arrow after arrow into a 3" bull at that range but my target can't move/take a step/jump string while my arrow is in flight. I filled that buck tag a few days later from 17 yards where the odds of that were very nearly zip. If you can get closer do it. If you can't and it's too far to be certain in case of a slight miscalculation, an errant breeze or movement of the game, don't shoot. I admit I have taken some less than certain shots myself in the past and although they always worked out, I know I was lucky and I don't take those kind of shots anymore. I know sooner or later my luck would run out, an animal would suffer for it and I would feel like shyt. I will do what I can to avoid that.

So you base YOUR inability to make a clean shot at 59 yards with a crossbow and had to close the distance to 17 yards so there was no chance YOU would miss

And apply your lack of skill and improper equipment to long range hunters with rifles capable of killing game to a mile ?

there was a line Forrest Gump quoted

I'm sure you know it

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".