Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by MikeS
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I was saying that completely tongue in cheek FA.. Was just pokin fun.

Yeah, I find this "enlisted guys can't shoot very well" stuff interesting, and since I have zero interest in competition shooting I'll just take peoples word for it in comparison. However, I've sat at some of Hodnett's "shooting clinics" from service men from all over the world, and have seen them whack prarie dogs numerous times at 800+ yards. All this in the TX Panhandle where the wind blows to some degree every single day. All comes down to knowing your limitations I guess.

I've heard about a couple decent shooting enlisted guys...

Now officer's, never glimpsed one grin

Seems like the Marine Gunnery Sergeants can certainly shoot. One local Marine won Southwest Nationals Sling Division last year and has been on multiple Palma teams. Another went from Scout Sniper to running SWAT training programs for Maricopa County Sheriff's office in addition to a highly successful competition resume.

One thing is most Marines love to shoot. From cooks to the highest caliber of Marine, tended to like to shoot. At least during my short stint. I joined the MC just cause I thought they shot all the time grin

That's awesome Scotty. Thanks for your service buddy!!!! I don't think we are saying all marines shoot like schidt. Of course there are some excellent shooters from all branches of the military, and others that have never been in the military. People are people, and being a marine doesn't make you any less of a person. I sure have met some goofy marines at the ranges I frequent though. It seems like they always need validation from their significant others. They usually bring up the fact that they are a marine, at least 3 times during a 1 hour range visit. Otherwise I wouldn't know they were one. Maybe the women get tired of hearing how good they shoot, so when someone beats them, they have to rub it in a little bit?? It can be comical though.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA