Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion; but it’s the basic definition of entitlement.

Look it up.

I did, and I feel differently than you about it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You “feel” differently? It’s the first definition ffs. If you put in, you have a legal right to receive it. This isn’t hard.

So I note is says nothing about having paid for that right does it? If I buy a bag of potatoes are those potatoes an entitlement? Is SS a right? It's not in the Constitution though it was legislated into existence. Is gun ownership an entitlement? Free speech? If I have a just claim to SS why can't I ask for all my benefits in cash payable immediately? My 401K worked out nicely, dumping 6.2% of my income into SS over 50 years not so much. Some of those years I put in 12.4% of my income because I was self employed. Seems to me that as a lump sum adjusted for inflation would be some nice coin. As far as that goes I pay taxes on the SS I receive and at the same time I pay into SS where I work. Personally I would rather have invested that money into my 401K. I see SS as a fund I was forced to pay into and do not see getting repaid as an entitlement.

Dog I rescued in January