Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by ldholton

Anyway, SS is funded via a tax. You have no contractual right to what you paid in because of that, and the money is not protected by the 5th Amendment. What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify which you cannot be denied without Due Process.
the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing need to go back and do some history research..

I didn't see where anyone made that claim. In fact, this thread exists because a Millennial told a boomer that SS is an entitlement program and that boomer threw a fit. You can see several others throwing the same fit over the course.

The fact is that a citizen is entitled to SS program benefits if they qualify and are to be paid out according to the benefit calculation the SSA uses.
[/quote
I am not following.

You wrote:
the youngsters that think it's just another tax and you're not entitled to nothing

I wrote:
What you have is entitlement to benefits under the program if you qualify

A person can qualify by doing various things like being taxed, living to a specific age, not being a Communist, etc. As long as those qualifications are met that person is entitled to benefits defined under the SS program, which is not "not entitled to nothing". Unless you meant the double negative which if you do I appreciate the subtlety but I don't think you are that clever.
well it's at the very top what you said. but now you just relay that you don't think I'm clever enough to notice certain things. so basically you just give up your argument right there you're going back to try the insult the person you're talking to and I'm done. you have proven yourself right there..

by the way I'm not a boomer...

Last edited by ldholton; 03/18/24.