Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by antlers
What about guys who are in their early 60’s who continue to work, and want to work until their full retirement age of 67, and haven’t started drawing social security at all, yet…? If they chose to go ahead and ‘also’ start drawing SS before their full retirement age while they continued to work, wouldn’t they ‘also’ have to pay federal income taxes on 85% of the social security money that they’re drawing…?

Worse than that. If you are working and earn over the limit for 2024 $22,230 your SS benefit is reduce $1 for every $2 above that limit if you take it before full retirement age.
Thats really easy to solve.

I suppose I'm not of that type A personality that just has to work and go go go. I have plenty to work on and go go go. But at 62 it will be very little for others and mostly for ourselves. Enjoy what we have left. I can turn 22K pretty easy guiding a couple months, still get full. And manage some other ways of income etc... as needed.

Of course we all have the right to choose what route. And if you want to keep working then by all means, like we all should, consult some folks that are on top of this stuff and make sure your choices are correct. We have lunch with our investor at least once a year to talk family, hunting, fishing, and what our next steps are.

Headed to 60 I was under a house 3 days in a row on rocks and in a small space re leveling it for a nephew. Jobs like that can be found that will pay cash and a bit at a time and its pretty easy to get things like that done.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....