Over the years, I have read most of what Warren Page wrote: both his books and his articles. From my reading of both Page and O'Connor, I think O'Connor was the better writer in terms of style and expression, but I always enjoyed Page's writing more because he was much more on a "gun-nut's" level. He enjoyed loading for and hunting with wildcat cartridges; O'Connor could have cared less!

My all-time favorite article by Page is "Around the World with Wildcats" that was included as the lead article in P.O. Ackley's HANDBOOK FOR SHOOTERS AND RELOADERS published in 1962.

In the above article, Page does refer to using, on a trial basis, in Africa, a short 7mm magnum that could well have been a Mashburn version; however, I think his main all-around rifle was the long version of the Mashburn 7mm. His other favorite "go-to" rifle was the .375 Weatherby which was really a wildcat at the time he was using it.

If I remember correctly, Andy Russell, the Canadian hunting outfitter/guide and author, who was a contemporary of Page and O,Connor, discribes Page as an ideal client: he was a supurb hunter, a good rifleman and seemed to be utterly fearless in a tight spot or two they encountered together in the southern Alberta mountains.

M. Bell

"You are so equipment conscious...you carry heavy millimeter cannon with you into the field. The American's sense of sportmanship is equated with his ability to master the sport with his purchases, not his skill." --Scottish author unknown--