Details on W. Page. Born 1910 the son of a carpenter. Went to Harvard on a baseball scholarship and taught school, english I presume, in N. Mex. and Lawrencville Prep in N. Jersey prior to the wau. During the wau he was a Navy officer teaching skeet to air gunner crews. Died Jan 1977 at home in Conn. from heart failure. (F&S,May 1995, Lefty)

His 7MM Mashburn, Old Betsy #1, has recently surfaced (2006) and has been refinished and re-scoped but still shoots. (D. Petzal blog, 2006) It supposedly accounted for 475 game animals with Warren at the trigger. The .375 Weatherby is unaccounted for but supposedly had been rebarreled 3 times because of control shooting use against CB in Kenya.( F&S April 1969)

Although J. O'cnner seemed more literate as a writer and he left more of himself in the piece, Page's writing was weighter. It left me more filled up. Warren was more the technical reporter and less the PROFESSOR.

Our good mule deer is much the same to me as Page but shows more humor on the page.