Friends Bill and 7Steve,

I was always a no-name writer, so don't be surprised that you haven't run into my stuff.

I started writing by submitting an article on the .338-'06 to Wolfe Publishing in 1983. The article was published in the May-June 1984 (Number 109) of Handloader. I wrote as a free lancer for Wolfe for many years and you will find a few of my articles in Wolfe's huge volume, Wildcat Cartridges. Interestingly, Wolfe Publishing never paid for the republishing, but that's OK.

When it was obvious that Wolfe was NEVER going to offer me a Contributing Editorship, I walked away and eventually signed on as a CE for the then-fledgling Varmint Hunter's Association.

Varmint Hunter Magazine was my forum until a couple of years ago. Any issue of VHM magazine between 1992 and 2005, I will have two or three my articles in it.

Eventually, I walked away in disgust when a double-whammy of disappointment with the firearms industry hit me. Actually, my friends who turned out to be non-friends, pushed my life in a totally unexpected direction and it has turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. No, I will not talk about it more, other than to say that greed ALWAYS kills the greedy.

Will my stuff ever be published again??? Doubtful. Will I ever write commercially again??? Probably not. I am planning on eventually giving all of my journals (of hunts) and lots of notes to Johnny B and if he wants to use them as source material, he has my blessings to do so.

There is so much that I've done that is unpublished and it would be great to share it.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397