Yup, I noticed this,too and it is one reason why I almost never read gun/hunting mags, anymore. To me, the whole point about obtaining a few good trusted rifles is to USE them and for every aspect of one's life where you need a rifle. I always used the best big game rifles I could obtain for both hunting and wilderness working....never had a purpose-built actual bear rifle until after I retired from bush work in 1993.

The type of "gunwriter" we have today, a VERY few such as JohnB, obviously excepted, leaves me cold and especially the younger ones who tout the least expensive production rifles as the absolute livinf end.....because they don't know any better and are too dammed arrogant to listen to anyone who does.

Case in point, the OLD CRF Browning FN rifles were and still ARE in high demand here in B.C. and I am very fond of these. Yet, self-styled "modern gunwriters" such as the lad who recently told me on a small Canuck forum that Foster style slugs ...spin... because of ...the fins on the back... are now praising Browning's introduction of yet another mediocre PF rifle as being an improvement......sad, really.