Originally Posted by Daveh
Steve,

You and DS couldn't find common ground?

I will say I have met DS........

Dave

Friend Dave,

Actually, I'd have to say that Dave S and I are very good friends and I've had to bite my tongue when folks were trashing him on the Campfire ... there is no defense for that. Dave is a really, really, really good guy and, in every possible way, one of us.

Dave, he is demented in that he (wrongly) believes that every rifle must have a lever, rather than a bolt, but friends accept each others lameness grin

I don't believe that I am betraying any confidences when I say that Dave was actively trying to recruit me for Wolfe during the last five years that I wrote. Being totally loyal to a fault, one of my many weaknesses, I stayed at the VHA. That was not the brightest decision; but then, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

In looking back on our lives, we've all make mistakes and any life contains regrets and missed opportunities. We all do the best that we can and live life as it seems right. Life and speech is first-draft and many times we surely wish that we could walk back in time and change things. That's what makes us human, I guess.

Hey guys, enough about me .... the freakin' no-name writer.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me throw a name out there. WILL HAFLER Now there was a man, an elk guide and killer, a bushrat, a writer who should have been carefully cultured and coddled into what he chould have become. He was on the very edge of greatness.

I've read all of Will Hafler and stuff like [i]The Bestest Bush Gun - .458X2" is sheer genius. Excellent in every way.

Will had enormous bushkilling experience, great technical knowledge and the right word-twisting ability. And he prolly got chewed up and spit out by the editorial hassles that Wolfe Publishing experienced during that time.

What a shame. We are all diminished.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397