For those who didn't follow the story ... I just sold my grandfather's Savage 99-EG in 250-3000 to Longbeardking303 (aka LBK, Steve). The money wasn't as important as the home this rifle was going to. It's a classic shooter and not a museum piece. I couldn't shoot it here in Illinois and it screamed for some action. I found this forum about two weeks ago and didn't know what to expect. With the help of some forum regulars (Savage collectors) I posted the rifle in the forum classifieds.

I expected a normal transaction ... post, receive offers, agree to sell, receive money, ship rifle. I got all that and something much more important ... Steve took great interest in the history of the rifle and the man who owned it until his death in 1982. I know now that grandad's rifle has a perfect home with someone who will not only care for it, but appreciates the personal history that goes along with it. It's a comfort that you really can't comprehend until you've gone through it.

Thank you Steve. I know grandad is smiling. I consider you a great sportsman and personal friend.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.