Rich,

I believe that the dislike of the A-Bolt is a holdover from the "Cult of the Big Stick". If you've been around long enough to remember him, you'd likely understand.

For the benefit of the newer folks, Big Stick was a rather charismatic fellow who hung out here for a few years until he got bored with us. He developed a fairly large following in a fairly short time. It wasn't long until it seemed lots of folks wanted to be like him. He did seem to be fairly opinionated. smile The legacy that he left us seems to be the McSwirly stocks, talley lwt mounts, Pac-Nor barrels, Remmy actions, and Leupold scopes with turrets. I believe he single-handedly increased McMIllan's annual sales significantly. (I even have a couple.... blush ) Altho' I do admit that none of mine have skull & crossbones decals on them. smile

It also seems Mr Stick harboured an extreme dislike for Trashco scopes, A-Bolts, and Savage rifles.... amoung other things... smile But I digress....

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"