The A-bolt would not be my first choice in a rifle because I don't reallly like how they feel when I shoulder them. But the people I know who own them are pleased with them. I've asked my gunsmith, who I believe to be one of the best in the Pittsburgh area, his opinion of the a-bolts and he has nothing bad to say about them. He has done at least two custom jobs that I know of using a-bolts.

I've seen every brand of rifle out there bashed at some point on the internet. Some seem to get more than others and the a-bolt is one of them. The only two rifles I've bought and not been pleased with were a model 70 and a model 94, both of which I sold. But I'd like to own another of each. They just aren't high on the priority list compared to some other rifles I plan to add to the safe.

I'd say if you like the fit and feel of the A-bolt over other riles you should go with it. I've never been able to "try before I buy" so they are all a crap shoot when you lay your money down.

"The peasants may be conned by every pitchman that introduces a new super magnum, but the members of the cognoscenti stick with classic calibers." Jack O'Conner