I have a Browning A-Bolt Hunter in .270 Win that's close to 20 years old. Never had a single problem with it. I have no idea how many rounds have been fired in it, but I would guess it's around 800 rounds. It will still put 3, 130 grn Barnes right at a inch at 100 yrds. The only thing I ever did to it was to have the trigger replaced, as it was a DOG, and I also stripped the shiny finish off the stock and put a oil finish on it before I ever fired the first round thru it. I would guess It's killed somewhere around 500 deer and maybe 50 hogs.
( Before anyone flames me as a game hog, I shoot deer deperadition tags on my brother in laws farm every summer)

A-Bolts are quite popular around here. Light weight and 22" barrels make it a good "swamp" rifle, and they are still accurate enough to make those 250-300 yrd "beanfield" shots.

Browning does have a BIG following here in the South, and especially here in S.C. where dog hunting for deer is legal.
The "Humpback" A-5 was almost looked at as a status symbol when I was growing up. It was THE shotgun to own for for any serious dog hunter.

Granted, my A-Bolt is not as pretty, or as fun to shoot as my Kimber .260, but it's still a solid hunter that I have no problem taking to the deer stand.