Originally Posted by eldave
Speaking only for myself here. I see browning stickers on just about every truck that looks like it might be a hunting truck.

I think that the people that sport these on their trucks think they know something about rifles because they spent a little extra for a shiny rifle that is expensive, and will likely never shoot at a deer with it at over a hundred yards.

That's why I don't. But that's just me.

With the gay buckhead sticker on the truck. And it's made in Japan. It's marketing genius. That's just from where I am though. I perused this on the way to work this morning. The guy had a sticker on his truck that said "nothing kills a deer like a browning". I had to wonder why. But he didn't stop so I could ask him.

I guess the deer knows that the 150 gr. .308 bullet was propelled by a browning. If I told the dude it was made by a French company I would have to prove something.

Anyway, for some reason in south carolina Brownings are to redneck hunters what spinning rims are to our ghetto brothers.

Nice to see such a non-judgmental , unbiased, well-reasoned response.

While I don�t own, or particularly care for, Browning A-Bolt rifles, I do own three different Browning firearms and love every one of them. These include a Buckmark .22 pistol, B92 carbine in .44 Mag, and what I consider to be the finest lightweight .22 semi-auto design ever, a Browning take-down .22LR. The Buckmark is stamped �Made in USA� and is very accurate and reliable, a great little pistol. The .22 and .44 are both products of Miroku in Japan and, in spite of not having �Made in Belgium� stamped on them, they are both are excellent firearms.

You may find the Browning logo �gay� but I rather like it, even if I don�t adorn my possessions with it. That said, I do wear a beautiful, handmade silver belt buckle with a Ruger logo on it, and would not mind having a similar buckle with the Browning logo. I think the �gayness� of the Browning logo reflects more on the mindset of the viewer than the logo itself.

I would agree the �nothing kills a deer like a browning" claim is ridiculous, but no more so than labeling Browning owners as rednecks or coming to the conclusion that Browning owners will �likely never shoot at a deer with it at over a hundred yards�. While I�ve never hunted down south, I have met many southerners while hunting my home state of Colorado and haven�t seen any state in the south where longer shots are not possible.

Ruger, Remington and Savage rifles are more to my taste but the A-bolt owners I know think pretty highly of their rifles.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.