Well, I fianlly shot my new gun today. Two thumbs up! Three thumbs up actually because refering back to my first post, my gunsmith has some old style Warne QD rings he is going to mount for me. He has some on his 458 lott he takes to Africa. If they work on that beast, they should work for me.

Anyway, to the range. I was shooting the Remington 405gr load. Function was flawless. Easy open, easy close, and the barrels regulated just fine. After sighting in the right, the first shot from the left hit a full 12"-13" to the left. I was wondering if I was going to be able to move it that far right, but actually moved it to far and had to come back left a bit. It did prove to me that the barrels are indeed adjustable and regulate correctly. The only flaw I saw in the gun was that the back sight had to be pushed way to the right to get it sighted in. It looks kind of funky sitting that far over, but it is sighted in. The last six shots (three from each barrel) hit in a four inch group at fifty yards. That was encouraging considering it was the first time I had shot the gun, and that I can't remember the last time I shot open sights. I'm pretty sure I can cut that group size down a bunch once I get the scope mounted.

The gun is rated to #31,900psi. I have seen many loads that are at #28,000psi that push the 405gr to 1500-1600fps. This is where I hope to be with my reloads. The recoil will be more than the loads I shot today, but considering that todays factory loads were suprisingly mild in recoil, I don't see my reloads as a problem.

If you want a sids by side, but don't want to spend a ton of money, I would recommend getting one of these. It isn't a high dollar high craftsmanship gun, but it is functional and fun, and I know mine will be in my hands on many hunts in the future.

I have some pictures, but can't figure out how to post them. If someone will tell me how, I will be glad to post them.