Pricedo:

Just a note: Like all double rifles (even the most expensive one) this one's regulation is sensitive to cartridge load changes. The nice thing about the little Bikals are the ability for the user to regulate it themselves once you settle on a load combination and not have to send it back to the maker ($$$). Once you settle on a load and regulate it to that load STAY WITH IT or you will need to start the regulation process all over again.

Case in point - I spent the first two years I had mine (after getting it back from the gunsmith) trying to chase various bullet, powder and velocity combination while trying to regulate it each time. Two years ago is when I finally just settled on the Rem 405's at 1600 fps. Got it shooting honest 2" group at 100 yd. I actually schlepped it to Namibia for the first time two years ago.

The Sunday before we left, we went to the range for final sight-ins on all our rifles and I confirmed the 2" group. Ran a Bore-Snake through the barrels twice wiped it down and put it in the case. Reloaded all our shot ammo and packed it.

Six days later we are at the PH's place doing our initial sight-in confirmation at 100 yds. Pulled the trigger on the first barrel immediately noticed a difference in recoil but though it was just me - no round on paper. Second shot - same result. Two more, same same. Move to 50 yds. Two more neither on paper. PH tries it - four rounds, none on paper. Frustrated, I figured it got screwed up somewhere along the way, put it back in the case and left it there the rest of the trip. When home, put it in the safe and never even looked at it again.

A few months before we left for this years trip, I had a little time to spare and decided to take it out an look it over. Everything seemed just fine. Took the remaining box of loads I took the previous year and a box I had loaded before that last practice session. Just by chance, the first box I pull out of the shooting box was the box that was left behind. First two rounds either side of bull and 1" high. WTF!!! Grab two rounds out of the box that went - not on the paper. More WTF!!!

Got back home and pulled the powder from one round of each box. Mystery solved - wrong (higher) powder charge in the box that went. All I can figure it I used the wrong load data in the automatic powder dispenser. No body to blame but me!!

Decided to take it back again this year with the CORRECT ammo and it was a lot of fun. PH could believe it was the same rifle. Those 405's at 1600 fps where more than sufficient for Gemsbok. The ones I shot with it were all high spine shots (frontals and sides) so they all dropped at the shot. the PH LOVED the meat culling with the 45-70 as there was virtually ZERO bloodshot meat lost and no chasing.

It will give you fits trying to sort out the regulation.

Advice:
a) Settle on a bullet, bullet weight/style and mussel velocity BEFORE you start regulating it.
b) Use the same cases from the same manufacturer - lots of internal case capacity differences between makers.
c) Use the same power, same charge weight and lot number.
d) On mine, the jack-screw between the barrels would move the horizontal impact points, but it would also move the vertical impact points some two. The jack-screw is very effective - only go one or two clicks at a time. The more outward pressure the screw applies the faster it moves the horizontal impact points and it is easy to over adjust and have them crossing.

I had a hell of a time dealing with the vertical - had to apply some...torque to the barrels, then shim the end of the right one, and cant the scope just a little to finally get both barrels shooting absolutely horizontal. Lots of trials and tribulations, powder burned and bullets sent downrange, but that first Gemsbok on the ground was worth every bit of it and each one after that made it just that much sweeter!!

Remember, don't try to turn it into anything more than what it is or use it on thick skinned dangerous African game that it wasn't ever intended for and enjoy the hell out of it!!!!