MartyBoy - Thanks for the posting. I started this thread a while ago when I first recieved my Rem 45/70 side by side. Since then I have shot it more than all my others combined. What fun! I had a set of Warne QD rings put on it and moutned a Simmons 1.5X-5X scope on it. Thru reloading, I have found a load that shoots to the same horizontal point, with one barrel shooting about 3" higher than the other at 75 yards. I'm shooting the Rem 405gr. bullet. The load pretty much duplicates factory loads which is plenty for what I will hunt with it. Best thing about this load, is that it shoots well with all the pressure off both barrels. The jack screw isn't pushing on them at all, free floating if you will.
I was interested in reading the posting you mentioned on www.kifaruforums.com, but could not find it. what heading is it under?
I have read bad reports about this gun, but the vast majority of them are from people who have never even shot one. I have no regrets about getting mine. The triggers could use some work, and they will get some, but other than that, I say to those who bad mouth them to get one in their hands and shoot it. I think they will change their mind.
Mine will see action on deer and bear this season. I can't wait to look down those big barrels and see them pointed at game!