Originally Posted by MightyPeace

And a GREAT BULL he was/is on your wall!

As for Rackmastr's bull he was in wide open prairie with no cover to stalk closer with out being seen would be my guess and from reading his posts on alot of hunting forums, I believe he knows his rifles.

I think too many people are watching those long shot kill videos at 800yrds and think they can do it. To me its unethical at those distances (800). I bet they don show those poor hit and no recovery animals.

That was the case MightyPeace. The bull was slightly spooked and was slowly moving away in an open draw. I had plenty of time to get ready and range him, get prone on my pack, and make the shot. If he had been much further I would have had to wait and attempt another stalk. I kinda set a limit of 350 yards as about my 'max' so thats why I stated I was 'lucky'. Lucky to just have a bull of that magnitude close enough for a shot in the bald prairies of Alberta...lol

Either way, I think you make some really good points about ability and knowing one's ability before attempting shots. I know I dont practice at distances over 400 enough to attempt shots that far. If its further than that, I'm belly crawling like crazy to get closer!