Actually I believe I asked the original question sparking the debate between the .280 AI and 7RM, and it was not about which one was faster.

Obviously the 7RM has more case capacity and is going to be faster, the question I posed was whether the 7RM was that much faster, as was inferred, that it was a 1000 yard rifle while the .280AI allegedly was somehow deficient.

The issue was whether the 7RM was as efficient as the .280AI and whether the marginal performance increase was worth the extra powder and recoil.

MuleDeer put up some very good information which I would have thought would have quieted the argument. The fact that was overlooked by the 7RM fans that the .280AI has a higher SAAMI pressure limit than the 7RM and according to MD, the fact that the 7RM was somewhat limited in going higher by a wider pressure variation.

Undetoured, the 7RM fans apparently ignored all that and continued on with the nonexistent argument that this was a velocity debate alone. In fact we see in the post quoted above that the 7RM fans still want to limit the .280AI to 7RM pressure.

The 7RM is faster. If you stay with safe loads(the same pressure) The 7Rm is faster. It has more case capacity!! DUHHHH!!

Duhhhh!! indeed.

There must be a special fan club for the 7RM. Although a great cartridge it has attained mythical status far beyond reality, it is the cartridge that as Nigel Tufnel put it.. "Ours is better, it goes to 11".

Great stuff, carry on fellas. wink

[Linked Image]