I have read all of the posts and agree with some and have reservations about others. I will say that my Rem. 700 Sendero, rebarreled from 25-06 to 280AI, truly is a shooter. It sports a 26", SS, Pac Nor bbl. It has a hollad QD brake, very loud, that reduces recoil to nearly nothing. This bbl. has not been glass bedded but the Sendero stock, HS Precision, supports the action and recoil lug nicely. I load 56.0gr. of IMR4831 in Norma cases that are neck turned and completely prepped. I load Nosler 140gr. BT and Hornady 139gr. SST with same powder drop. This rifle has the trigger lightened to 2#. I have campaigned this rifle at competition egg shoots, 200 and 300 yds. It is classified as a custom rifle with a Leupold 6.5-20 scope. It does all that I ask it to do. As long as I do my part, of course. Muzzle velocity is right at 3000 fps. No, this is not blistering speed. But when I have been in the shoot offs against 6BR bench rest rifles, who cares about speed. Accuracy is the criteria. My 280AI is one tack driven machine. Its' nick name is "Schutzenboominlouder". Yes, it is one noisy rig! Good 'nuff! Plus, I have shot 'yotes at better than 500 yds. that never heard the shot. Nor did they complain about not being dead enuf. Boominlouder speaks, 'yote takes a dirt nap! This rifle is not a very comfortable rig to haul around in the veld. But, when I want something to reach out and touch 'em I always go back to my 280AI. You can discuss muzzle velocity, manufacturer quality, bullet BC and SD all day. If ya' gotta have a 280AI, just go for it. I did and truly enjoy shootin' my rig. Is it better than a 7 mag? Don't really know and frankly that is not an issue with me. I wanted a 280AI and I had Darrel Holland put this rig together for me. It shoots, I like it, nuff said!

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!