Slow here, still wondering about it. Four days on state lands in Tomahawk area. Historically, don't see tons of deer but usually few bucks and by seasons end, more/less guys will fill up. This was my first year up here in about 6yrs. Was eerily quiet.... Saw three yearling does pass thru together, otherwise not a hair between 4 guys. Lotta grouse, fat red squirrels. One probable wolf track. Fair amount of deer sign in places. But for the most part, silence. Was odd. Said to hunting buddy, "It's silent, like right before the cougar or sasquatch attack." LOL. My impression is combination of over-permitted hunting + some contribution each by high bear numbers, wolf predation, and increasing percentage of deer population enjoying life not in the big woods, but in edge habitat of city sprawl.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.