Originally Posted by DaveKing

If the "they" you are referencing here is me or anyone from my group you are incorrect. I shoot crop damage deer in Maryland, not Wisconsin. I was simply using my experience with farmers and "hunters" here in Maryland as an example.

Shooting crop damage is different than hunting, it is killing. The majority of farmers I know have had very little success with decreasing their deer problem by opening up their land to hunters. It seems the hunters want to husband the deer population rather than shoot the buck factories. Farmers aren't stupid, they know the does must be shot and they will not waste their time with buck shooters.

The "tags" I had were WI issued deer hunting tags.

No sir, I was refering to the majority of the farmers I know around here that apply for the ag tags... they let their family hunt them only. I know several that get them strictly to keep them away from other hunters, which I don't have a problem with, it is the ones that use every tag they have issued. There are certainly some that need the tags, but nearly as many that don't

Camp is where you make it.