Originally Posted by Bay_Dog
We hunt near Amberg also, off of County K. I was the only one of our group of 7 to see a deer in 5 days hunting. I got a fork horn on Opening morning. Our party ate 3 doe tags, not by choice however.

The way I see it, if we don't buy licenses or fill the tags that are being offered, the DNR will only move to more liberal seasons (i.e. proposed 2010 regulations). For whatever reason, they are trying to get the deer herd back to early 1980's levels. I guess that they are doing their own form of QDM, but the way they are doing it is quite a departure from what is read in the popular magazines and books on the subject.

I like to believe that politics haven't entered into many of the decisions that have been made in the past 20 years, but it sure is getting harder and harder to believe that it truely isn't the case.

Also, one other area of deer hunting in Wisconsin that I've noticed much more in the past five years was hit on in a very well written editorial in the January issue of Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine. If you get a chance, you should read it.

I almost forgot.At the meeting the Deer Biologist wanted to blame The Auto Ins. Co.s for all the Doe tags.There was a guy from Marinette there who has an American Family Agency.He told us The Ins. Co.s could care less about the amount of Car Deer accidents.They just adjust the premiums in those locals accordingly.Actually during the late 70`s and throughout the 80`s we almost always filled our Buck tags and they were quality Bucks.I have several rafters full of Horns in my barn.None from the last few years . grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience