B, check out the egg's forum. It is a great website. I looked long and hard before getting a new grill a few years back. At the time I had no interest in a "charcoal Grill". I googled "best grill" and came across the BGE. I was impressed by all the raving reviews from people who have owned them for years. I then researched "ceramic grills" and found primarily 3 similarly priced brands. 1. Big Green Egg, 2. Primo, 3. Grill Dome. After a lot of research I chose the Grill Dome (comes in different colors, stainless steel standard, and thicker ceramic and about $150 less than than the other two. Plus I live an hour from Atlanta so I could go get my hands on one and just picked it up.
Bottom line is that you will not go wrong with any of the big 3 ceramics. I can easily smoke a 9lb butt and 12 lb beef brisket at the same time and won't have to open it once till they're individually done. Can easily slow smoke (BBQ) for 20+ hours on one load of lump charcoal (about 4Lbs). Look at all the options and go with what works for you. They all use the same principles of smoking grilling, etc. It will be one purchase that you will NEVER regret. It will make you a "master Q'er, griller, baker (Pizza and breads, baked potatoes etc all can be done on the ceramics). I guarantee it will lead to the best food you've ever eaten. Going out for a steak will soon be, more often than not, disappointing. I can't recommend the ceramic dome grill concept highly enough. I only wish I had another one, but that will be coming before too long no doubt. There are very few things I would highly recommend as much as the Green Egg type grill. They are not cheap but worth every penny. No buyers remorse from people who get one of these, for sure.