Originally Posted by Mikem2
The primogrills are nice looking. How do the differ from GreenEgg?

When you take a close look there is a pretty fair difference between the Primos oval and a BGE that extends beyond the obvious. There is a heckuva lot less dealers so they suffer the same fate as Grill Dome in that regard. Make sure you read the warranty. Primos only guaruntees the gasket for 30 days and then they have a staggered warranty. One year for the cast iron parts and five years for the metal parts. They are explicit that you pay for the freight on warranty items. No biggie on a gasket but try freighting a fire bowl. eek
BGE is lifetime warranty and they just ship larger items under warranty to a local dealer to save you the freight. Theres about a bazillion BGE dealers because they have been selling them since the 70's.
The other notable difference is that Primos warns against cooking with the lid open. Why does that matter? For most high temperature burns (steaks) you want the lid open.
The heat deflector plate for slow cooking is a two piece unit so probably not nearly as efficient. I considered one of these when I bought mine but it really is an odd unit with a lot less dealer support. There's a reason you see scads of eggs at competitions but only a scattering of the others.
What ever brand you choose a ceramic cooker will change the way you cook.