The BGE warranty also carries a limited warranty. Both do in fact. And BTW buying off the net voids all warranties. Important to note--

http://www.biggreenegg.com/warranty.html

First off the true value of BOTH warranties are only for the insides and not the outer domes or base. In all my years, I've replaced several BGE fire rings and fire boxes. I've had NO Primo fireboxes break, which is ONE piece versus TWO on the BGE. In all fairness, I know Primo had some problems in the beginning but once they moved manufacturing from Pinehurst to Atlanta--probems solved. Better QC before going GA.

Primo just changed their warranty to read The warranty for the Primo covers the ceramic portion of your grill for 20 years and metal parts for 5 years. Please refer to your owners manual for full details. I have not asked George but that may now include the outer parts as well, which is a good thing.

BGE has NO warranty on the Gasket and same as Primo with 5 years on band and metal parts. And if high heats are involved it's discretionary for the BGE. If you are using BGE in competitions all warranties are off. Again, I've had Primos for 8 years and never been forced to replace any parts. However George (the owner) did provide me with back-up insides in the event of breakage at a competition.

Your local BGE dealer will likely only replace a defective part ONLY if you bought from that dealer who is required to buy all parts in lots of five. Thus, rarely does he stock all parts for all sizes. Otherwise as the factory warranty states you pay freight and it is FOB manufacturer.

The indirect heat deflector works great on the Primo. I actually find it works a little better because the plate setters are farther away from the meat so thus, less dryness. But then you'd have to own one to know that. The plate setter on the XL drives me nuts because there is NO grate clearance.

Said it before if you want "uber high" temps for steaks just move the grate closer to the fire and save your investment.

Guys, I have several of both and visit both corporate stores on average every couple of months. At the very least every time I go to Atlanta as both are there. Having said this I've had NO Customer Sat issues from either. If anything I get more push back from field BGE dealers than Primo field dealers. Simply put there stance is if you did not buy it here then call corporate. Go ask Lowe's for a replacement fire ring for the BGE. I'd be curious to know the outcome.

Bottom line -- I am sold on both products. They cook the same so go for design because customer service will provide about the same experience. BGE does have have more dealers BUT it does mean better field service.

Lastly, there are forums for both products and companies. BGE will NOT allow you to ask about competition. Primo welcomes it.

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/index.php is also a great place to take an independent poll.

Primo is made in the USA---BGE Mexico.

Go USA!

Last edited by byc; 03/01/10.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!