Originally Posted by Mikem2
Lowe's is selling Big Green Eggs for $699. Was just wandering through this morning, noticed a huge one, on wheels, etc.

smile

I am not saying that Lowe's is not carrying the BGE BUT I'd be sure before I made the leap. I'm seeing on other forums that the product Lowe's is carrying may NOT in fact be a BGE but rather a cooker that simply resembles the BGE. It's also posted that the first batch were bad and that the cooker may contain some questionable lead ingredients. Seems to be The Bayou Classic version of the BGE.

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=366668&sid=ad37d5eeeaad6b9170c83b4eb9a20862

Lastly, I just noticed that the BGE now has a LIMITED Lifetime Warranty. I'm not a Lawyer but I believe that in most states that only limits the warranty to a 7.5 year term. I was informed that this is why Primo actually went to and publicly states that their warranty is 20 years. Primo believes their 20 Warranty is the best offered. Having said this I doubt BGE would cut folks off after 7.5 years but it's worth the ask. I know it's something that I'm now curious to learn more about.

Just more info to help you along with whatever cooker you decide on. Again, I've had no customer sat issues with either company.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!