Great thread Farmall. The specialty pistol writings (mostly) of Bob Milek's in Petersen's Hunting actually had a pretty strong influence on a lifelong friendship between myself and another buddy. I met this friend of mine while hitchhiking many years ago in No. CO, and saw a Thompson Center brochure on his seat. I was also into the specialty pistols some at the time, and we struck up a friendship based on varmint shooting and deer/antelope hunting with SP's. This was back in the mid-to late '80s', and we couldn't wait for the next issue of PH to come out so we could read whatever the next Milek project was at the time--the most fascinating gun stuff out in those days...we thought. I often wonder what he would think of some of the MONTROUS SP's that are now being chambered in the XP-100 (huge 338's, etc.).

Couple years ago Rich Mertz, designer of the MOA handgun started putting on a long-range handgun shoot-- www.moaguns.com that we are helping with. Rich talks fondly about Bob, as he is also one that would be on Ken's "long list". I can only wish now that I would have had a chance to meet him.

I actually got ahold of his wife several years ago in an attempt to try to get an old video of his back in production, "Hunting Antelope and Deer With a Handgun," i think it was entitled, but didn't come to fruition, unfortunately.