Originally Posted by Ken Howell
[quote=Ken Howell] � Bill had no hobby interest in handguns. He loved to hunt with rifles and shotguns, but Guns & Ammo wouldn't let him write about anything other than handguns and Skeeter. I once remarked that any thought of a handgun probably brought back memories that he'd rather forget, while thoughts of rifles, shotguns, or hunting brought back fond memories. Bill shot a quick look at me, obviously startled that I'd have that insight, and said "That's true!" Then he looked far out into deep space and murmured "That's very true!"...

Jordan had a slight speech impediment which caused him to soften his "r's" - he sounded slightly like Elmer Fudd. Ken, not to disagree with you, but Jordan would have said, "That's vewy twue!" laugh He had an obtuse sense of humor and was a born-again-ragin-cajun from Louisianna (I'm assuming that everyone knows that the term "coon-a$$" is NOT a racial pejorative but a name that cajuns use to refer to themselves). When he found out that our host/guide was a third generation Texan he said, "you know the diffewence between a coon-a$$ and a horses-a$$?" C.W. said, "no." Jordan replied, "the Sabine wiver!" Milek came unglued at that one! The whole day went down hill from there (or uphill depending upon your viewpoint). Fond memories.

Last edited by gmoats; 05/04/10.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.