One of the most enjoyable days that I've ever spent was in late 82 or early 83. I was on a Sierra bullets sponsored Prairie Dog shoot in Goodland, KS. I got to spend the day in the backseat of an International Harvester Scout with Bob Milek. Our host, C.W. Wade was driving/guiding and Bill Jordan was in the front, passenger seat. In those days, we never got out of the vehicles--the windows all had padding around them and C.W. would simply steer the vehicle to position us for shots. Bill Jordan was about as diametrically opposite of Bob as anyone could be. He was tall, talkative and very funny. He and Bob would tease each other endlessly. While Jordan had a beautiful Wichita Arms in triple deuce, Bob was shooting a Contender with a .223 barrel. When shot out of the rear-passenger window, the muzzle of Bob's Contender was perfectly positioned to be deafening for Jordan--it was almost right in his ear--as a WWII Marine, Jordan was mostly deaf, but the blast from that short barrel would also rock the Scout a little and made for some really humorous comments from Jordan. At the time I was writing for Guns/American Handgunner and alittle for Peterson Specialty Books and was primarily an IPSC shooter. Later that day we went to a shooting range and I got a picture of Bob shooting an IPSC, compensated race-gun--very un-like his persona! Wish I could find that pic.

He put the "gentle" in gentleman and I think of him fondly every time I go thru Thermopolis.

Last edited by gmoats; 05/04/10.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.