Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
... I love hearing stories like that about people that I wish I could've hunted with..., please continue!

Being new to this site I don't want to take up too much space until I have a better feel for the board but will tell one more story--this one about Jordan not Milek.

In late 83 or early 84 the NRA started a "Practical Shooting Committee." The members were Bill Jordan, Ray Chapman, John Bianchi, Jeff Cooper and a few less notables such as myself. Jordan and Cooper were polar opposites in terms of personalities---Jordan a wit, Cooper an intellectual---they were at odds on almost everything that the board discussed. Both were WWII Marines and basically deaf as posts. Jordan said something like, "we have to make sure that dis here spowt is faiw fow wheelgunners and not just fow fowty-five shooters." At that, Cooper would lean forward and say, "what did he say?" We'd repeat Bill's comments to Jeff and he'd say something like, "no, no, no 'practical' shooting is about setting up a realistic scenario and letting the shooter solve it with whatever tool works best." At that point Jordan would lean forward and say, "what did he say?" I wish that they had video taped those meetings--between the partisan shooting disciplines and constant repeating-at-louder-decibles, the meetings were funny, albeit frustrating, wastes of time. They did make fond memories however.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.