I run them on all my rifles, big and small. There is nothing like turrets on a fast twist .22-250 shooting 75 grain pills at 3,100 fps. I can't express how fun it is on prairie dogs out to 1,000 yards. Range, click, hit the switch, wait for spotter to confirm hit ;o).

I have all my turrets marked in 100 yard increments, so there is no counting clicks. Range, twist to appropriate mark, hit the switch, punch tag. All my scopes are Leupold 3x9's or 3.5x10's. They are nothing fancy, just no nonsense work horses. I have taken out numerous new hunters or hunters with no turret/long range hunting experience. I always have them practice until they have excellent trigger control. If you can squeeze the trigger, you can shoot long range with the right equipment.

I found a nice buck for the wife a couple of years ago. I ranged him at 556 yards. She was shooting a semi custom 7mm-08 with 120 grain Hornady HP bullets coming out at just over 3,000 fps. I dialed in 550 yard, told her to put the cross hairs on the front shoulder and squeeze. Bang....flop. She has never shot the far and IS NOT a shooter. She is a natural good shot, like most women are. She has done this the last few years with the same results. She just doesn't miss. I took both nephews out (mid 20's in age) and found them bucks at 450 and 400 yards. Same thing, dialed in 400 and 450 yards respectively. One shot each with the same 7mm-08, bang flops on both bucks. I can't even count the times I have done this out to 600 yards on antelope and deer. I seldom get shots under 400 yards in the areas I hunt. Everything is cross canyon shooting in very rugged country. I can't imagine hunting without turrets. I love the turrets.

All my buddies and nephews now have turrets on their scopes. They won't leave home without them either. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.